Module 4 in the All Things Document Cameras Series
In this module, you will have an opportunity to bring together all you have learned about document cameras, how to make your own, and when to use them in your session to maximize a multisensory approach to learning.
Time to complete: 20 minutes
You have completed three modules all about document cameras. Feel free to go back to any of the modules to quickly recap what was covered. You may also have downloaded some useful guides on this topic. Review these guides, if you have time.
So, you’ve now got all the information you need to use a document camera in your sessions. And you have a lot of options! But there are a few questions that you still need to answer for yourself:
- Who will use the document camera? Me or my learner or both of us?
- If it’s best for my learner to use the camera, what skills will they need to set it up?
- Do my learner and I have the right devices to even use a document camera?
- And if we do, which model should we choose?
When you’re ready, move on to the next section where you will put all this information together and answer these questions!
Getting You and Your Learner Comfortable Using a Document Camera
Download the worksheet Which Document Camera Should I Use?
This worksheet takes you through a series of questions to help:
- Decide which document camera you and your learner will use.
- Prepare for what you will need to have at hand to use to use the document camera
- Understand what skills you need and what you and your learner need to know to set up and use the document camera
In this module, you explored a process that will help you decide which document camera(s) you and/or your learner will use and what needs to be learned or obtained before you can use one. You have have come to some conclusions about which document cameras and set-ups would work best for you and your learner.
We hope you enjoyed the module and have learned a little more about how to use document cameras in your next tutoring session.
- Borrow a document camera from the LU library or set up a DIY document camera
- ▪ Use it in a tutoring session!
- ▪ Show your learner how to use one
- ▪ Share your ideas in the next Tutors and Tea
CONGRATULATION! Your have completed this course.
You can review all four modules in this course by clicking on a link below:
- Module 1 – Introduction to IPEVO Document Cameras
- Module 2 – Make Your Own Document Camera
- Module 3 – Document Cameras in a Multisensory Approach – Top Tips
- Module 4 – Choosing the Camera That Works Best for You and Your Learner
Or go to our Tutor Guides page for more courses and guides.