Module 2 in the All Things Document Cameras Series
In this module, you will learn how to make a document camera with your cellphone or tablet and everyday items you find in your home.
Time to complete: 40 minutes
Imagine – You are all set to try out one of the IPEVO document cameras in your next session. But wait! Things don’t go according to plan. Maybe they are all signed out from the LU library! Or, maybe, you don’t make it to the LU office to pick one up in time! Or, worse still, you discover that you or your learner do not have a USB port on your device to hook up the document camera!
No problem! As long as you have a tablet or smartphone and a few items from your household, you can build your own functional document camera that you can customize for your needs. In this module, we will show you how to build one and use it in your Zoom tutoring session.
A Guide to Making Your Own Document Camera
Make Your Own Document Camera
- Find out how to build your own document camera by downloading and using this guide Build Your Own Document Camera
- Test your home-made document camera using the Step-by-Step Guide for DIY Document Cameras with Zoom
- Take a picture of your DIY document camera and share it with LU tutors
In this module, you have learned how to set up and use your smartphone or tablet as a document camera. You’ve built your own DIY document camera and tested it.
Watch the DIY document camera videos together. Challenge your learner to set up a document camera and use it in a session. Think about:
- What did you like about using a document camera?
- Who was active?
- Do you think your learner could set up a document camera?
- How can you use the document camera in writing activities with your learner?
You are ready for the next module:
- Module 3 – Document Cameras in a Multisensory Approach – Top Tips