It’s the start of winter. And December is a month of holiday celebrations and family gatherings. The snow is falling and the temperature’s dropping. So, get out your winter clothes and prepare to start those winter activities.
To add to your winter holiday fun, here are some fun things to do:
Here some simple texts to read:
- For beginner readers – Try this short picture book introducing winter activities on the Unite for Literacy website
- For more advanced readers – Here’s a short text about Christmas traditions on the Reading Skills 4 Today website.
Download this fun winter word puzzle. Solve the puzzle and practice some common words we use at this time of year.
Or try this fun winter word search to practice vocabulary or start a conversation.
Here are some holiday recipes that you can try:
- Mulled Cider – check out the West Coast Reader’s recipe and quiz for this warm winter drink
- Simple Roast Turkey – simple instructions and a link to a YouTube video
- Simple Glazed Carrots – simple instructions and a link to a YouTube video
- Holiday Sprinkle Treats – Watch the video below to see how these are made
Holiday Money Management
ABC Life Literacy has some great advice on making a budget for the holidays – and sticking to it!